Here I go again, creating new characters. meet the following:
Charlotte Rutherford – Widowed, but her reputation is scandalous
Cedric Fitzgerald – Charlotte’s cousin
Lord Albert Beckett – Her eventual love interest
What’s it all about? Well, I do have a smashing synopsis written already, but I’m keeping it under wraps for a few reasons. Let’s just say that Charlotte and Albert will be in a definite hate/love relationship, sparring with one another, in rather humorous settings.
Already, I’m digging into a few research items revolving around:
- A famous pub in 1890 Whitechapel. How about The Ten Bells where two of Jack the Ripper’s victims apparently frequented?
- I’m also reading about the West End risque theatres.
Stay tuned as I add more information about Charlotte’s wardrobe and the habits of good society.
I’m starting Chapter 5 and have written 10,419 toward my 50,000-word goal.
Lady Isabella is in editing! Release is scheduled for February 1, 2017. As I wade through the placement of commas, rewrite sentences, check my grammar, and then send it off to an editor who knows better, I’ve been preparing for book two. Since all of my ladies of disgrace will be in red dresses, I thought I would do some research on fashions for the 1930’s. Here is an interesting look at the modest fashions of the day.
From RetroWaste website (picture fair use) is an advertisement of Holiday Frocks. Since the print is so small, here is a short description of each dress. As far as the value, can’t beat the price! As you can see, much of a lady’s sexual qualities were hidden under fabric. The enticing descriptions of the dresses are entertaining.
- A Halo of Lace…Frames Your Face! – Tea time…or night time, you’ll look like an angel of loveliness…
- Two-Tone Colors — Fashion’s Newest Flattery for You!
- Lovely Transparent Velvet Capelets – Under evening lights…you’ll make a stunning picture…
- “The Mandarin” Vivid with Chinese Embroidery!
- Exciting Sleeves, Latest High Neck – Glances of admiration will follow…
- Well Bred…Up to Its Rich Moire Ascot Tie – Parisian chic…expensive simplicity!
- “The Mermaid” A Peplum Waistline with Ruffled Bottom – Respond elegantly to an invitation for the dance…
Here are your holiday frocks! What dress would you choose?
Have a wonderful holiday! Dress retro – dress in red — and enjoy family and friends.
Here is a list of the final chapter titles. I have two more chapters to write. Currently, I’m at 35,000 words and should be reaching my goal of 40,000. It’s coming together nicely!
- Scandalous Behavior
- Punishment Well Deserved
- Preparations for Change
- Hidden in France
- Goodbyes and Hellos
- Polished and Finished
- Dinner for Two
- No Room at the Inn
- Homeward Bound
- A Secret Rendezvous
- Hats and Horses
- Lines are Drawn
- Desperate Measures
- The Out-of-Tune Aria
- Winners and Losers
- I Do – I Don’t
- Sugar and Spice